TEL-CHECK / DISTRESS LINE PROGRAM / DEVELOPMENT WORKER
PART TIME CONTRACT POSITION (to March 31, 2020)
Family Counselling Centre is seeking a part-time, contract, Tel-Check / Distress Line Program / Development Worker. The successful candidate will work up to 28 hours per week until March 31, 2019 and then be reduced to 14 hours per week until March 31, 2020. Duties of the worker will be to develop strategies and marketing materials to:
- Increase awareness of and promote the benefits of the Tel-Check program to the community
- Identify potential locations from where expanded Tel-Check services could be provided
- Recruit additional volunteers to be trained for Tel-Check program delivery
Additional duties will include:
- Effective communication and collaboration with community partners
- Tracking and reporting on progress related to achievement of project goals
- Assisting/ backfilling the Coordinator on an as needed basis ,e.g. covering shifts, scheduling
- Conducting training sessions for new volunteers, ensuring training materials are current
- Post-secondary diploma/degree with an emphasis in social sciences;
- Promotional experience including development and excellent presentation skills;
- Experience with a service related computerized tracking / database system such as iCarol;
- Excellent interpersonal, phone, and computer skills including social media
- Demonstrated research / development experience and sound written skills
- Front-line experience on the Tel-Check / Distress Line or similar program / service preferred;
- The ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends;
- Experience working with seniors
- A demonstrated ability to work as a team member under pressure in an environment of change
Family Counselling Centre is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If requested, accommodation will be provided during the recruitment process. This document is available in an alternative format upon request, to accommodate individuals with a disability.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their electronic resume to:
Mary Teft, Human Resources, Family Counselling Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org by: Tues. July 3 @ 4:00 p.m.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.