1.0FTE (35 HOURS PER WEEK)
The Intake Worker is required to respond to all requests for service and information regarding the Centre’s services, in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- To receive all requests for service from the community, which would include self-referrals.
- To assess these referrals to determine whether the requests being made are appropriate for the services that the agency provides.
- To assess the urgency of the referral request in terms of any risk around hurting themselves or others.
- To ensure that the Centre’s policies and procedures regarding payment of fees, proof of income, etc., are clearly relayed to persons requesting service.
- To input all the relevant information on appropriate referrals into the database.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge and skills:
- The minimum qualifications for this position will be post secondary education and relevant experience in the human services field. Preference is for a B.S.W./B.A. degree in human services.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, administrative and exceptional computer skills required.
Family Counselling Centre is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If requested, accommodation will be provided during the recruitment process. This document is available in an alternative format upon request, to accommodate individuals with a disability.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their electronic resume to
Allison Wray, Human Resources, Family Counselling Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org by: August 7th, 2020
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A United Way Member Agency