ADVOCACY PLANNING SUPPORT WORKER
0.5FTE (17.5 HOURS PER WEEK)
Family Counselling Centre has an Advocacy Planning Support Worker (APSW) position available. The APSW provides trustee services, advocacy and case management assistance to individuals with a developmental disability living independently. The target population is individuals who have a developmental disability, based on an assessment of intellectual functioning and level of independence determined by Developmental Services Ontario (DSO).
- The minimum qualification for this position is a Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Social Sciences
- Relevant experience with developmentally disabled individuals.
- Must have own transportation and be willing to meet with clients at their place of residence when necessary
- Knowledge of services provided both by the Centre and by other community service providers
- Strong communication, recording and computer skills
Family Counselling Centre is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If requested, accommodation will be provided during the recruitment process. This document is available in an alternative format upon request, to accommodate individuals with a disability.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their electronic resume to Allison Wray, Human Resources, Family Counselling Centre at email@example.com by: 3:00 p.m., August 12, 2020
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A United Way Funded Partner